The IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier
- The world’s most effective compact room air purifier for odor and chemical control.
- Cleans an indoor spaces measuring up to 975 square feet.
- Is IQAir’s #1 bestselling air purifier for people suffering from multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS).
- Offers you four customizable gas filter packages that allow you to adapt to your filtration needs.
- Filters out common allergen particles and other symptom-aggravating impurities using two types of particle filters.
- Uses ultra-efficient filtration technology harnessed by high-end, quality components.
Advanced Chemical Filtration
IQAir GC MultiGas air purifiers target the broadest range of gaseous compounds, odors, particles, and smoke.
- This model is a good choice for generalized airborne gas and chemical removal and for individuals with MCS.
- The IQAir GC MultiGas filter media consists of 12 pounds of granular activated carbon and impregnated alumina.
- This model filters out chemical traces and odors stemming from Acetic acid, Acetone, Acrolein, Acrylonitrile, 1.3 Butadiene, Butyric acid, Carbon disulfide, Chlorine dioxide, Cresol, Cyclohexanone, Diethylamine, Dimethylamine, Ethanol, Ethyl acetate, Ethyl acrylate, Ethylamine, Formaldehyde, Formic acid, Hydrogen chloride, Isoprene, Isopropanol, Methanol, Methyl acrylate, Methyl disulfide, Methyl ethyl ketone, Methyl mercaptan, Methyl sulfid, Methyl vinyl ketone, Methylamine, Nitroglycerine, Ozone, Phenol, Skatole, Styrene, Sulfur trioxide, Trichloroethylene, Trihylamine, Trimethylamine, and Vinyl chloride
Triple-Seal Filter Technology
It’s equipped with four reusable filter cartridges that hold up to 17 pounds of gas phase filter media. These cylindrically shaped cartridges allow for optimum contact between your indoor air and the gas phase media—which in turn ensures a higher impurity removal rate. Along with the gas filter cartridges, the GC air cleaner features a HEPA-type particle pre-filter and four electrostatic post-filter sleeves.
Each IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier features patented, triple-sealing filter technology that ensures that your system always removes of 99% of airborne particles and chemical traces sized 0.3 microns and larger. Often times, the efficiency stated for air cleaners is purely theoretical and may be inflated because of internal air leakage. This can drastically reduce the actual filtration efficiency of the system. The GC Series air cleaner puts a stop to air leakage in three ways:
- First, a unique sealing process ensures that the air cleaner’s filter media is 100% sealed in the filter frame.
- Second, the patented 3D UltraSeal ensures perfect sealing between filter frame and the GC Series model’s housing.
- Third, individual seals on each housing module ensure airtight closing around the filters.
As a result, IQAir GC MultiGas has an actual system efficiency that’s higher than the theoretical efficiency of comparable air cleaners.
Longer Filter Life
In addition to having a higher filtering efficiency than other air purifiers, GC MultiGas filters are designed to last longer than those of conventional chemical air cleaners.
- High-Efficiency Pre-Filtration
While most air cleaners use pre-filters with particle efficiencies well below 20%, IQAir systems typically retain more than 90% of particle mass in their pre-filters. As a result, GC gas phase filters are better protected from premature particle overload.
- Independent Filter Stages
Conventional air purifiers often combine several filter types in one filter cartridge. As a result, the whole filter cartridge has to be replaced even if only one filter type is used up. Each filter in an IQAir purifier is separate and can be changed independent of the other filters.
- Larger Filters
To help cut manufacturing costs, many air cleaners use very little filter material. However, GC MultiGas air purifier uses commercial-size gas filters that collect more pollutants and last much longer. The pre-filter lasts 12 months; the gas phase media cartridges (4) 2.5 years; and the 4 post-filter sleeves last 2.5 years (based on 8-hour daily usage on speed 3).
To help you stay on top of filter life, the GC MultiGas air purifier features an intelligent filter life monitor. Unlike ordinary cleaners that leave you guessing when to replace filters, the GC Series’ intelligent filter life monitor measures filter life by actual use, speed settings, and air quality conditions. This monitoring system ensures the maximum filter yield and performance from your IQAir system.
Quality Fans, No-Draft Design
IQAir air purification systems use the highest-quality fan motors available. These centrifugal, backward curved fans have impressive 300 CFM (510 m3/h) ratings. Because each fan is individually balanced within the unit and uses steel ball bearings, it can outlast other purifier fans by years. Moreover, each internal fan contributes to the air cleaner’s no-draft design. Most air cleaners return the air through a small outlet, which creates uncomfortable air drafts. The GC system does not produce drafts because it evenly propels air upward through a 320-degree vented diffuser.
Many high-end air purifiers are made from sheet metal—which dents, scratches, and chips easily. In addition, many department store air cleaners use inferior plastics that can unexpectedly shatter. The GC MultiGas is built to last and to look great for a lifetime. This unit is manufactured using high-grade, injection-molded ABS plastic. A 3-millimeter (0.125 inches) housing thickness also makes the unit extremely impact-resistant.
The unique ultra-quiet design of the IQAir GC MultiGas makes it unlike other air purifiers.
- The fan located in the center, in between noise-absorbing filters.
- Double-walled housing reduces sound transmission.
- Eight shock absorbers hold the fan secure so that vibration is not transmitted to the housing.
- This system is suitable for even the most noise-sensitive environments.
- Virtually inaudible at the lowest fan speed setting.
In an industry where most air purifiers don’t actually meet their manufacturers’ claims, IQAir tests and certifies each system that comes off the assembly line. Every IQAir unit is tested against particle filtration efficiency, filter leakage, and air delivery standards and is issued its own two-page Certificate of Guaranteed Performance detailing the test results for that machine.
- Electronic Control Panels – Each GC model features an electronic pushbutton control panel with LCD display.
- 6 Purification Speeds – Purify your indoor air at 6 different speeds according to your needs.
- Programmable Timers – Program automatic timed operation for one day or for certain days of the week. You can also configure the system to use certain fan speeds at certain times.
- Multiple Display Languages – Choose to display your settings in English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish.
- Control Panel Lock – Lock your control panel settings with this simple functionality.
- Remote Control – Choose your operation settings from a comfortable distance.